Cream of ANYTHING!
Updated: Jun 17, 2018
I wish I had written down where I found this recipe. This is THE BEST cream soup recipe I have found yet. I have been making my own cream of mushroom soup for probably 5+ years, and it would always separate and get watery when I used it in the pot roast or crockpot. BUT, NOT this one!! It holds up great to being cooked for several hours.
Yield: approximately 1 1/2 cups or "1 can"
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1/2 small onion, diced
• 1/2 cup main ingredient*
• 1/4 cup butter or substitute
• 1/4 cup flour or substitute (brown rice flour works well)
• 1 cup milk
• 3/4 cup chicken broth
• salt to taste & simmer for just a few minutes to combine all the flavors. Stir constantly so it doesn't stick to the pot.
1. In a pot, melt 1 TBS butter over medium heat on store. Saute garlic & onion until soft.
2. Melt 1/4 cup butter & add flour & whisk until combined.
3. Add chicken broth & bring to a low boil.
4. Add chicken*.
5. Stir in milk.
6. Add salt to taste.
Chicken, cooked & diced